The Princess Basma Centre for Children with Disabilities, is a charitable, non-governmental, non-profit institution entrusted under the Anglican Episcopal church. The centre provides services for children with disabilities in Palestine.
Our Vision: All Palestinian children with disabilities have access to quality health services and inclusive education, can participate and have influence, have hope and opportunities.
Our Mission: The Princess Basma Centre, established in 1965, works on the integration and empowerment of children with disabilities and their families in their communities through: their physical rehabilitation, inclusive education, the development and dissemination of best practices, and influencing policy and legislation.
- To facilitate the full integration and empowerment of children with disabilities and their families in the community through physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and capacity building
- To develop and implement best approaches for physical rehabilitation and inclusive education and transfer this knowledge to all stakeholders at the national level.
- To advocate for the rights of children with disabilities and influence policy and legislation in regards to the best interest of children with disabilities.
- To provide physical rehabilitation services for children with disabilities
- To provide inclusive education for children with disabilities
- To empower children with disabilities, their mothers and families through participation, awareness raising and capacity building
- To raise awareness and advocate for the rights of children with disabilities
- To build capacities and act as a national resource for knowledge and best practices for practitioners and partners working in the field.
- To provide avenues for capacity building and job creation for people with disabilities
What we do: We work on the inclusion of children with disabilities through medical rehabilitation and education. Our work is guided by the fundamental values expressed in the UN Conventions on the Rights of the Child and the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.