About the Centre
The Jerusalem Princess Basma Centre (JPBC) located on Jerusalem’s Mount of Olives, operates under the umbrella of the Arab Anglican Episcopal Church in Jerusalem and the Middle East, and under the supervision of the Archbishop and chairman. It works in the fields of inclusive education, health, and disability.
JPBC implements long-term community-based programs and has always maintained a clear vision of providing Comprehensive Rehabilitation and Inclusive Education through the Child Rehabilitation Centre and the Inclusive School.
The JPBC Child Rehabilitation Centre has a track record of quality service and accordingly obtained the International Standard for a Quality Management System ISO9001:2008 in 2006, 2009, and 2012. Then moved to the Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA) for Ambulatory Care, which is on a three-year cycle and has been achieved three times, in 2015, 2018, and 2021.
Through its Child Rehabilitation Centre, JPBC provides treatment and rehabilitation for Palestinian children with disabilities from the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and Jerusalem, for the age group 0-15. It is a member of the East Jerusalem Hospital Network, is the main referral Centre for the Palestinian Ministry of Health for the treatment of Children with Disabilities (CwD), and acts as a National Resource Centre for capacity building, clinical training, dissemination of knowledge and best practices to practitioners and partner organizations.
Our Inclusive School is a unique model of inclusive education serving children with disabilities from Jerusalem from Kindergarten up to 12th grade.
All Palestinian children with disabilities have access to quality health services and inclusive education, can participate and have influence, have hope and opportunities.
The Jerusalem Princess Basma Centre, serving children since 1964, works for the integration and empowerment of CwD and their families in their communities by providing rehabilitation services, inclusive education, through the development and dissemination of best practices, and influencing policy and legislation.
Overall Goals :
- To facilitate the full integration and empowerment of children with disabilities and their families in their communities, through Comprehensive Rehabilitation, Inclusive Education, awareness raising and capacity building.
- To learn, develop and implement best practices in Comprehensive Rehabilitation and Inclusive Education and transfer this knowledge to all stakeholders at a national level.
- To advocate for the rights of children with disabilities and influence policy and legislation.
- To provide Comprehensive Rehabilitation services for children with disabilities.
- To provide Inclusive Education for children with disabilities.
- To empower children with disabilities, their mothers, and families through participation, awareness raising and capacity building.
- To raise awareness and advocate for the rights of children with disabilities.
- To build capacities and act as a National Resource Centre for knowledge and best practices for practitioners and partners working in the field.
Our Values :
- Inclusion & Participation
We are committed to inclusion and participation which are values that direct our attitudes and actions as the main National Referral Centre for children with disabilities in Palestine, and core actors in the field of habilitation, rehabilitation, and inclusive education.
We ensure that all children and children with disabilities are treated with dignity, their rights upheld and their wellbeing valued.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of services to Palestinian children with disabilities and their families, constantly striving for excellence to deliver the best outcomes for the children.
We adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility, worthy of the trust our patients place in us.
- Best Use of Resources
We are committed to using our resources creatively and responsibly to achieve optimal capacity.
We are committed to timely and meaningful collaboration and networking with partners and stakeholders to fulfil opportunities and overcome challenges.